This practice has no contract with any Medical Aid scheme. Patients are therefore personally responsible for professional services rendered. Consultation fees are payable at the time of consultation, and surgical fees are payable on the day of the procedure. To obtain any benefit due to you from your Medical Scheme, the receipted account should be submitted to your scheme as soon as possible. Payment may be made by cash, cheque or credit ⁄ debit card.
Below is the notice produced by the South African Society of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeons for all its members
WELCOME TO OUR SURGERY
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PATIENTS ON FEE STRUCTURE
PLEASE UNDERSTAND HOW OUR BILLING STRUCTURES WORK TO ENABLE US TO PROVIDE YOU WITH PERSONALISED AND COMPREHENSIVE MAXILLO FACIAL AND ORAL SURGICAL SERVICES
- Our treatment is based on your oral ⁄ facial health needs and not on your Medical Aid ⁄ Insurance coverage.
- It is important that you understand and consent to both the treatment plan and estimated cost of treatment.
- It is your right to accept or decline our recommended treatment plan. If you reject or delay recommended treatment, you do so at your own risk.
- You are requested to sign acceptance of our treatment plan and cost estimate. If clinical conditions require a change in treatment, details and cost will be provided whenever possible before proceeding with modified treatment.
- All patients will be furnished with a fee estimate for services rendered. Please review and understand what treatment will be provided.
- Patients are responsible for full payment of accounts, including any portion not reimbursed by Medical Aid Schemes.
KNOW YOUR MEDICAL AID/INSURANCE COVER
- Your Medical Aid cover is a contract between YOU and your Medical Scheme and NOT between doctor and the Medical Scheme.
- All Medical Schemes have different conditions, limits, benefit levels and exclusions for treatment.
- We strongly advise patients to understand their Medical Scheme coverage. We treat patients, not Medical Aids
- We DO NOT accept any responsibility for your Medical Scheme coverage and you remain responsible for payment of all accounts.
- There is no universal “Medical Aid Rate” or “Reference Price List” fee that practitioners are required to charge.
- Please consult your own Medical Scheme to determine their reimbursement policies for surgical services.
- Patients are encouraged to submit cost estimates to their schemes BEFORE proceeding with any treatment so that they may budget accordingly.
WE ARE COMMITED TO PROVIDING QUALITY CARE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. WE WELCOME DISCUSSION ON ANY ASPECT OF YOUR TREATMENT OR COST THEREOF.